ABOUT UWC

| About the UWC

Our Mission

The Ohio State University Women’s Club was founded in 1895 to stimulate intellectual and moral development and to promote fellowship among members in the University community.   Today we welcome members from the Greater Columbus area, including those without direct association with The Ohio State University.  Our programs and Interest Groups educate us and enrich our lives and provide opportunities for individuals and the organization as a whole to make a difference in our University and larger community.

Our aims are to bring members together in friendship; to provide educational, cultural, and social activities for our members; to support scholarships for OSU students; and to provide service and support to the University and its related Greater Columbus community organizations.  Funds to support these goals come from the proceeds of our Buckeye Bargains Thrift Shop, members’ financial contributions, and other fundraisers we sponsor from time to time.

We look forward each year to continuing the fine tradition of promoting friendship, education, and service established by our founders more than one hundred years ago.

Club History

The founder and first president of our Club, Mrs. Flavia Camp Canfield, came to Ohio in 1895 with her husband James, previously Chancellor at the University of Nebraska, who became the fourth president of The Ohio State University.  Within a month of her arrival, Flavia gathered her new Ohio friends and formed The Faculty Club, later renamed the University Women’s Club.

Like Flavia, our current members receive a warm welcome and make fast friends through The University Women’s Club.  We invite you to learn more and join us. 

Executive Committee

President

Carol Rachfal

President Elect

Suzanne Kull

Vice President - Programs

Tricia Herban

Vice President - Hospitality

Junko Shigemitsu

Vice President - Interest Groups

Cynthia Woodbeck

Recording Secretary

Judy Gallucci

Treasurer - Finance

Diane Harry

Assistant Treasurer

Mary Gustafson

Membership Treasurer

Brenda Hosey

Close Menu
×
×

Cart